In honor of my approaching (50th) birthday, my sister invited me to visit her and attend this Friday’s Portland Fashion Week Ready-to-Wear Show.
What to wear? Above all, nothing boring! Also, nothing that feels labored. Or matronly. Or too hot. Or too cold. You may call me Silverilocks 😉 Currently atop my list of possibilities is the simple white cotton dress I posted about wearing a couple of months ago. The LAST thing I want to do is to spread the “always a new outfit” virus; repeating this dress, but with different accessories, is perfect.
How I am taking a white cotton dress into fall:
- With boots. Vintage brown suede is what I am thinking.
- And a scarf. Because my sister gave me this really cool, made in Portland, multi-color, flocked texture, brown scarf. If I can’t stand to wear it in my hair, it will be a bracelet.
- And a DIY jeweled collar, made of Premier Designs Jewelry pins. My daughter, the jeweler, is also going.
I also think three considerations suggest the white:
- White is a color that I feel is personal for me, like many women like black. I also LOVE brown and white together.
- White is now, in terms of fashion rather than season.
- Nobody likes to be restricted by fashion legalism anyway.
I am curious, though, since the magazines have recently declared the little white dress a staple, who’s been wearing one besides me? How about the little red dress for fall?