Could you use more time in your life? Lately I have been experiencing growing pains in my lifestyle. On top of the household responsibilities I have been accustomed to fulfilling, I have been trying to create space for the following priorities:
- helping women achieve their personal style goals,
- building the muscle I am gonna need when I am a little old lady
- repurposing various areas of the house to better serve the Empty Nest season
Running in the background are these concepts I heard from Rory Vaden, author of Take the Stairs and Procrastinate on Purpose. Basically, (click here for the official explanation) the idea is to focus on those activities which create more time. For example, consider #2 above: when I exercise in any given day, I typically get the time back immediately in sleep quality, and it is expected to multiply in longevity.
But, of course, it always comes back to how this applies to creating/curating the wardrobe and other elements of the personal style idiom. Because, when I became a Personal Style Coach, I kinda gave up the option to slack on getting myself ready as a way to gain time. I didn’t realize just how much I was relying on that one strategy! Lol.
Help me brainstorm!
- a ten item wardrobe
- hair requiring little to no styling. Oh yeah! Check 🙂
- making sure I have basics covered (“connectors”)
- capsule wardrobe
- capsule of makeup and having an identical one in my gym bag
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Nail Coat