When I did my wardrobe/costume design plan for this summer, I focused on the daily–wear segments: leisure and casual. But I have had a few social occasions. Some outfits have been hits, some have been misses. And I am getting really good at picking out the misses!
In other news, the hero and I will soon be empty-nesters. Hopefully, that will mean a better space for taking pictures.
In the meantime, here is my Summer social segment, in pictures:
None of these is perfect.
- The gray one on the left, I am to certain about. It seems so colorless! Lol.
- The brown dress is good, but the shoes are gone! Who knew that the reason I never wear them is those straight, horizontal lines that make my legs look chunky?
- I am gonna cut off the white maxi to knee-length, possibly creating a half-sleeve from the fabric.
- The black and white I bought last week for a dollar, wore it twice, and now I am not certain about it either. Something about the proportion.
- Finally, the cream and black, with the giant, stylized, black flower, has an unfortunate horizontal design element placement right across the thigh.
I really need to go shopping.